With 75-90% of attacks occurring at the application (and not network) layer, applications indisputably pose the biggest IT risks to organisations today. The goal of this whitepaper is to arm the CISO and enterprise information risk decision makers with the intelligence they need to understand key application security issues, in order to effectively prioritize efforts and mitigate risks.
This handbook focuses on the following areas:
- What is the application security space and how does it differ from and intersect with IT security,information/data security, and network security?
- What are the various approaches used to solve application security problems?
- How do the different solutions to application security problems fit together and when is each solution most appropriate?
- How to think about application security in an enterprise setting
- The role of application security assessments